How to start an online business using SEO
Nowadays the need of adjustability and fast pace in every day life has also affected the world of business. This is why many companies or even small sellers choose to go on an online platform to build a business rather than just having a physical shop. Of course, all of this could not happen without the use of search engine optimization or for short SEO which uses data to improve your website’s performance.
There are a number of proven steps you can take to ensure your success when starting a small, online business. Thousands of people develop successful businesses by doing the following:
- Find a need and meet it.Write a copy that sells.
- Design and build an easy-to-use website.
- Use search engines to drive the audience to your website.
- Establish and promote your experience.
- Communicate with your customers and subscribers by e-mail.
- Increase your income through back-end sales and upselling.
Anyone, from the most novice to the most experienced entrepreneur can benefit from this process of learning how to start an online business.
Step 1: Find a need of the audience and meet it.
Most people make the mistake of looking for a product first and then a second one. To increase your chances of success, start with your audience. The trick is to find a group of people who are looking for a solution to a problem, but without much results. The Internet facilitates this type of market research:
• Visit online forums to see what questions people ask most often and what problems they are trying to solve.
• Do keyword research to find words that many people are looking for but not many websites are competing for.
• Check your potential competitors as you visit their pages and consider what they do to meet demand. Then you can use what you have learned and create a product for an existing market – and do it better than your competitors.
Step 2: Write a copy that sells.
There is a proven sales formula that introduces users to the sales process from the moment they arrive until the moment they make the transaction:
• Stimulate interest with an exciting title.
• Describe the problem that your product solves.
• Establish your credibility through the solution you give to the problem.
• Add testimonials from people who have used your product.
• Talk about the product and how it benefits the user.
• Make an offer.
• Provide a strong guarantee.
• Create immediacy.
Throughout your copy, you need to focus on how your product or service is uniquely capable of solving people’s problems or making their lives better. Think like a customer and ask yourself “What does this mean for me?
Step 3: Design and build your website
Once you have your market and your product, and you have defined the sales process, you are ready to design your business website. Remember that it must remain simple. You have less than five seconds to catch someone’s attention – otherwise you have lost them, and you will not find them again. Here are some important tips to keep in mind:
• Choose one or two fonts on a white background.
• Make navigation clear and simple but also the same for all pages.
• Facilitate the purchase. No more than two clicks so that the potential customer can complete the purchase.
• Your website is the showcase of your eshop and should be consumer friendly.
Step 4: Use Search Engines to Drive Targeted Buyers to Your Site
Pay-per-click advertising is the easiest way to get traffic to your brand new site. It has two advantages over waiting for increased traffic of course. First, pay-per-click ads appear on search pages instantly, and second, ads allow you to try different keywords, as well as titles, prices, and sales approaches. Not only will you get instant traffic, but you can also use pay-per-click ads to find the best keywords. You can then distribute the keywords throughout your site to help you rank in the search results.